Zumba! Zumba? Zumba!!! Have you heard, “I can’t wait to go to Zumba,” “Zumba was great last night,” “I’ve got to get ready for Zumba,” or “Zumba is my favorite part of the day”? You may know exactly what people are talking about, or you may be thinking, “What on earth is Zumba?”
What is Zumba?
– Zumba is a fitness phenomenon taking place around the world.
– Zumba is a Latin-based dance fitness class.
– Zumba classes are inspired by Latin/World music, creating a lively atmosphere.
– Zumba is fun!
– Zumba helps you feel youthful.
– Zumba is energizing (during and after).
– Zumba is a workout in disguise.
– Zumba burns loads of calories.
– Zumba defines the natural shape of your body.
– Zumba refreshes your body, mind, and spirit.
– Zumba time is you time.
Here are my top 5 ways Zumba improves your fitness:
1. Zumba is a great cardiovascular workout. Zumba classes and workouts are moderate to high-intensity cardio. Zumba classes use a combination of aerobics and interval training methods to create what is called intermittent training. In Zumba classes, you determine your own intensity. If you need to take it easy, you can. If you want to go full out, you can. This means a fantastic cardiovascular workout for all ages and fitness levels!
2. Zumba tones and strengthens your body. Zumba uses dance and strengthening exercises to sculpt your body by toning and increasing strength. Zumba uses your full body and all your muscles to get a fantastic workout. You’ll begin noticing changes quickly!
3. Zumba really works your abdominals. Throughout a Zumba class, you’re working your core/abdominal muscles. By engaging your core muscles, you’re also strengthening you back muscles, protecting yourself from injury, creating good posture, and developing the six pack (or flat abs) you’ve always wanted!
4. Zumba burns lots of calories. The amount of calories a Zumba class burns depends on the person, intensity, fitness level, etc. However, everyone will burn A LOT of calories. This could be 350-800 calories or more burned in only one hour! If you have a heart-rate monitor, it’s very interesting to find out how many calories you burn from workout to workout.
5. Zumba helps you lose weight or maintain your weight. Try combining Zumba classes/workouts with the Fat Flush Plan or another healthy diet. See the difference this makes in your life!
With Zumba, there are so many wonderful benefits to your fitness! 45-minute- or one–hour classes fly by. You forget you actually were working hard because you had so much fun. And that’s not counting the performance-related benefits of Zumba.