Do you want to breastfeed in public without having to worry about being exposed? Are you looking for a nursing cover that’s fashionable? I’m excited to share my favorite breastfeeding cover with you! I love it so much that I bought another in a different color!
Modeled by me, Christina Chitwood, with my baby boy, Caleb, at 6 weeks old. Carlsbad State Beach in Carlsbad, California
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (at no cost to you).
My Favorite Breastfeeding Cover
I’m exclusively breastfeeding (only breastfeeding, not even pumping), so I’m breastfeeding a lot! This means I’ve also been using breastfeeding covers very often. I’ve been using this breastfeeding cover from when we first started taking Caleb out, and I continue to love it even more the more I use it! I’ve received compliments on it, too.
Some of the times I’ve used this breastfeeding cover:
- Eating at restaurants and waiting to be seated at restaurants.
- In the car.
- During a professional photoshoot. We did a professional photoshoot when Caleb was 1 month old at La Jolla Shores Beach. During the photoshoot, Caleb got hungry. I nursed him under this cover while we walked to the next location for the photoshoot. It worked great, and I didn’t get exposed even when the wind blew.
- At the mall.
One time, Tom was walking around the mall with Caleb while I shopped for some slides (slide on sandals) as I’d been wanting some slides especially since they are so easy to put on while holding a baby. I’d just finished trying on the slides and was about to purchase a pair when I got a call from Tom. I told the shoe salesman, “I’ll be back. I have to go feed my baby!” and started walking quickly to the car where Tom said he would meet me. I started running shortly after I started to walk. I made it to the car just after Tom and started to feed Caleb right away. I was using this cover, so Tom and I went back into Bloomingdale’s where I was shopping and purchased the shoes while Caleb ate under the nursing cover. Check out why I like shopping Bloomingdale’s sales.
Another time, Tom and I were purchasing an item when Caleb woke up hungry in his baby carrier, and I put the nursing cover on right then. Caleb was eating before we finished checking out. It didn’t even really take much longer at all.
- At the beach. I’ve sat on the beach and nursed Caleb under this cover. I’ve also walked on the beach nursing Caleb with this cover a few times.
- When I’m visiting my parents, nieces, or other family.
- At church. I’m lucky our church has a special room for breastfeeding families, so I use this cover in that room.
- During a massage. We have a massage therapist who travels to us. Tom was watching Caleb during my massage, and he brought Caleb to me near the end of my massage where I already had my nursing cover with me. I was able to feed Caleb under this cover while finishing my massage in the glider near the massage table. My masseuse massaged my feet while I nursed Caleb.
What I Love About This Breastfeeding Cover
Here are some of the many things that I love about this breastfeeding cover!
- It has four uses.
- It’s a great nursing cover.
- It’s a car seat cover.
- It’s a shopping cart cover.
- It’s an infinity scarf.
- It can be used while walking, and you don’t have to worry about being exposed.
- It can be used while standing.
- It can be used while sitting.
- It’s fashionable.
- It often looks like you’re just holding your baby underneath.
- It keeps you and your baby completely covered from other people’s eyes.
- It keeps you from being exposed if your baby is a mover, tugs on the cover, or kicks the cover.
- It’s long enough that it covers you even if you’re wearing low bottoms.
- It goes all the way around, so you stay covered even if your shirt lifts up both in the front and/or the back.
- It stays put even if it’s windy.
- It works with dresses as well as tops and bottoms.
- It’s comfortable.
- It can look like a shawl if worn as you see in the photos.
- It can be worn with one arm in and one arm out.
- When worn with one arm in and one arm out, you can eat or do something with your outside arm. You can also peek at your baby easiest this way.
- It keeps you and your baby covered from the sun.
- It keeps you and your baby covered from the wind if it’s windy.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space in the diaper bag.
- It can be washed in the washer and dryer.
- It comes in multiple colors and designs.
What I Don’t Love About This Breastfeeding Cover
Here are some of the things I don’t love about this breastfeeding cover.
- It can be difficult to get your baby latched without someone else to help, especially at the beginning. It’s easiest if you have someone to help hand you your baby and pull the bottom of the cover over your baby while you hold your baby on your lap. Then they hold the top open a little so you can see while your baby latches. You can do it without help, but it’s smoothest with help.
- This nursing cover can be a little trickier to latch your baby than some covers when you are first learning how to breastfeed using a cover. Mostly because it’s a little harder to get your baby under the entire cover versus a cover that only covers the front of you. It gets easier with time.
- You can’t see your baby without using a spare hand (or poking your head underneath like I have done occasionally to see what I’m doing while Caleb’s latching if I don’t have help.)
- If you keep both arms under like a shawl, it’s difficult to eat or use your arm outside the cover without exposing yourself.
The Covered Goods Four-in-One Breastfeeding Covers I Have
This breastfeeding cover is a nursing cover, car seat cover, shopping cart cover, and infinity scarf in one!
This is the Covered Goods Breastfeeding Cover in Rose Quartz that you see in my photos! I got this before Caleb was born after researching breastfeeding covers quite a bit, and this was the first one of the Covered Goods breastfeeding covers I bought!
This is the second Covered Goods breastfeeding cover I bought recently. The Covered Goods Breastfeeding Cover in Navy & Ivory fabric is cute and so comfortable. It’s a little stretchier yet slightly more fitted than the other. They are both so great.
More Covered Goods Four-in-One Breastfeeding Covers
Here are more Covered Goods Four-in-One Breastfeeding Covers to choose from!
FAVORITE BABY ITEMS
Do you have a favorite breastfeeding cover? Have you tried the Covered Goods Four-in-One Breastfeeding Cover?
What kind of baby products or topics would you like me to do a post on?
Connect with me, @ChristinaChitwood, on social media: