Spring is a great time to experiment with new hairstyles and start getting ready for summer. This doesn’t have to mean changing your hair color or cutting your hair. You can do so much with fun braids and more!
A great site that I like to get e-mail tips from is Daily Makeover. Recently, Daily Makeover had some videos on “5 Easy Spring Hairstyle Tutorials.” I wanted to share them with you, as they are very straightforward but can freshen up your look!
My favorite is the fishtail braid, and Lauren Conrad shows an easy way to do it yourself. Plus, fishtail braids are being seen right now on the red carpet and also as an everyday look.
Quick steps for the fishtail braid:
1. Make a side ponytail with a clear elastic or fairly invisible elastic.
2. Separate your ponytail into two chunks of hair.
3. Take a small piece of hair from the outside of the 1st chunk and bring it forward and across to the 2nd chunk.
4. Repeat step 3 with a small piece of hair from the 2nd chunk, bringing it forward and across to the 1st chunk.
5. Continue to repeat until you are happy with how long your braid is.
6. Put an elastic (or a ribbon for fun) at the bottom of the braid.
Extra Tips for the Fishtail Braid:
- It’s OK if the braid is a little messy, as it gives it some character.
- You can cut out the top elastic or keep it in.
- If you have some flyaway strands, spray some hairspray onto your hand and lightly smooth down your hair.
- It’s also fun to add clips, sparkle, and bows.
Have fun with your new or renewed hairstyles! 🙂
Photo by Elaine Whitney at Flickr Creative Commons.