What is the right way to file your Jamberry Nail Wraps? Do you go side to side? Filing for Jamberry Nail Wraps is quick and simple. It’s different than normal filing, though. So, it’s important to know what filing tricks work when applying your nail wraps. This trick, the straight-down filing technique for applying Jamberry Nail Wraps is one of the more traditional methods for filing Jamberry Nail Wraps.
Video: Filing Technique: Straight for Applying Jamberry Nail Wraps with Christina of CCP
Make Sure You Let Your Nail Wraps Cool
It’s important to leave enough time for your nail wraps to cool before filing. This allows for your nail wraps to completely adhere to your nails, creates a smoother edge, and a longer lasting finish.
Why Straight Down Filing?
If you like to have your nails looking pristine and have the nail wrap go all the way to the end of the nail, this is the filing technique for you. If you file in an upward or side to side motion, this will affect the nail wraps on your nails. It’s important to only file in a downward motion.
What You’ll Need
How Do You File Straight?
1. File Straight in a Downward Motion Only Down the Middle of the Nail Wrap: Start above your nail and lightly move the nail file in a downward motion only. Continue until the nail wrap end starts to come off.
2. Do the same as step one one the right edge of your nail.
3. Do the same as step one and two on the left edge of your nail.
4. Repeat steps one through three until the end of the nail wrap is completely removed. Make sure the end and edges of the nail feel smooth.
5. Repeat on all nails and nail wraps.
30 Days of Beautiful Nails Challenge
This is day fifteen of the 30 Days of Beautiful Nails Challenge! Remember to moisturize your hands, feet, and cuticles. Here’s the first post and all about the challenge: 30 Days of Beautiful Nails. (Note: You can start the 30-day challenge any time!)
The Straight-Down Filing Technique
Have you tried the straight-down filing technique? What are some of your favorite ways to file your Jamberry Nail Wraps?
I look forward to reading your comments, seeing your photos, and chatting on social media!