There are so many ways to file your Jamberry Nail Wraps. You may not have even realized the multiple ways available. The angled filing technique for applying Jamberry Nail Wraps is a nice and easy alternative to the traditional Filing Technique: Straight for Applying Jamberry Nail Wraps.
Video: Filing Technique: Angled for Applying Jamberry Nail Wraps with Christina of CCP
Make Sure You Let Your Nail Wraps Cool
It’s important to leave enough time for your nail wraps to cool before filing. This allows for your nail wraps to completely adhere to your nails, creating a smoother edge and a longer lasting finish.
Why Angled Filing?
If you use your nails as tools of any sort, angled filing is the technique for you. The great thing about angled filing is that it keeps your nail wraps from catching on things such as clothes if this is something you have trouble with. By filing angled you will create a very thin line of your nail edge and the nail wrap. It’s so small it’s not noticeable unless you hold it right up to your eye. Even then you nails will looks great.
If you file in an upward or side to side motion, this will affect the nail wraps on your nails. It’s important to only file in a downward motion.
What You’ll Need
How Do You File Angled?
1. Hold file perpendicular to the nail. Angle the nail file toward your nail. Then file in a downward motion only down the middle of the nail wrap: Start above your nail and lightly move the nail file in a downward motion only. Continue until the nail wrap end starts to come off.
2. Do the same as step one one the right edge of your nail.
3. Do the same as step one and two on the left edge of your nail.
4. Repeat steps one through three until the end of the nail wrap is completely removed. Make sure the end and edges of the nail feel smooth.
5. Repeat on all nails and nail wraps.
30 Days of Beautiful Nails Challenge
This is day sixteen of the 30 Days of Beautiful Nails Challenge! Remember to moisturize your hands, feet, and cuticles. Here’s the first post and all about the challenge: 30 Days of Beautiful Nails. (Note: You can start the 30-day challenge any time!)
The Angled Filing Technique
Have you tried the angled filing technique? What are some of your favorite ways to file your Jamberry Nail Wraps?
I look forward to reading your comments, seeing your photos, and chatting on social media!