How Reading Can Enhance Your Health:
1. Reading is relaxing. If reading is a stress reliever for you, you’ve discovered a valuable tool in today’s world. For your health, it’s important to include relaxation in your life, preferably some every day.
2. Reading enhances your knowledge and brain power. Reading can inspire many thoughts and ideas. This can help your brain function better, and you can gain infinite new ideas by reading.
3. Reading uses your imagination and creativity. Creativity is invaluable but often not emphasized enough in everyday life. Creativity can help you figure out a better way to follow through on your exercise plan, it can help you create a delicious new healthy recipe, and it can help you escape to another world.
4. Reading about nutrition, exercise, and self-improvement can lead to health improvements. There are endless numbers of books written on health and self-improvement, varying from fitness programs to nutrition books with recipes to psychology books. These books can be life-changing for you if you put the words into action!
5. You can exercise while reading. You can walk on the treadmill, ride a stationary bike, lift weights, or perform nearly any type of workout while listening to a book or reading a book. You can walk or jog outdoors, too … just be aware that you are taking your own risks. When wearing earphones outdoors, you aren’t as aware of your surroundings.
These are all great ways to get books to read or listen to:
- Buy a book at a bookstore.
- Buy a book online.
- Go to the library.
- Buy and download books onto a Nook, iPad, iPhone, or similar gadget.
- Get a subscription to Audible.com.
- Get books or audio books from iTunes.
Reading is an activity I love! I really enjoy listening to audio books while working out or driving. My favorite, though, is the old-fashioned paperbound book to read at home or anywhere.
Have fun reading! I’d love to hear about the different ways you combine health and reading! 🙂