Holiday performances and shows are also great parts of the holidays. Here are 10 ways to enjoy holiday performances, whether by attending or performing yourself.
1. Attend the local Christmas or holiday productions. In San Diego, there is a production of The Grinch. Other cities have all different types of holiday performances from A Christmas Carol to a modern twist on the holidays.
2. Attend the holiday ballets such as The Nutcracker. Most cities have holiday ballet performances whether professional productions or the local ballet schools.
3. Attend a church or school play. Most schools and churches have special holiday activities. These are great to participate in, or support your friends and family by attending.
4. Experience a different type of performance such as an ice skating show. Ice skating shows are great fun to watch, and you may want to try skating after. The Kroc Christmas ice show finished this last week was a success! Great job to all my skaters who performed in it!
5. Create a holiday play to perform for your family and friends. Get as many or as few people involved as you wish. Have fun and let go!
6. Create a holiday performance game. It could be on any theme and involve as much or as little performance as preferred. Be creative. It could be your next holiday tradition!
7. Watch holiday movies and TV shows with family and friends. This can be lots of fun and also get you into the holiday spirit.
8. Have a special holiday day out, such as going to Universal Studios. They have a Grinch theme for the holidays and special holiday performances and readings.
9. Attend a holiday reading or Christmas tree lighting. Some places, such as Universal Studios, have celebrities doing holiday readings. Check out what’s available in your area.
10. Watch a fun competition or even the Winter X-Games.
Another great way to get involved in the holidays is by trying a winter/holiday sport such as skiing or ice skating. In San Diego, the Kroc Ice Arena is having $10 holiday skating! Have a great time and appreciate the holidays. They only come once a year and are gone before you know it. So, make the memories last!
A beautiful and unique performance:
“Sugar Plum Fairy” by P. Tchaikovsky – Glass Harp LIVE (HD)
Happy holidays! 🙂
Photo Credit: Photo by Pat McDonald at Flickr Creative Commons.