Here are two videos that can help you find inspiration in many different ways. A few things to look for to find inspiration are costumes, innovative moves, facial expression, arm movements, eye contact, interpretation, flexibility, artistry, choreography, and music.
“DMITRIEVA Daria ball – Thiais 2010 AA”
“Marko & A.S. Allison – (Sonya Tayeh) Contemporary”
Here are a few ways to reflect on what you’ve seen to really take it in:
- Keep a notebook with you and take notes on anything that catches your eye.
- The first time watching the video, try to look at the bigger picture and be open-minded to encourage taking in things you might not if you’re focused on specific elements.
- After you’ve watched the video, reflect briefly on what you’ve seen and take note of the first things that come to your mind.
- Watch the video again and look more for details. The notes that you’ve taken so far will show what is inspiring for you right now or what you might want to focus on. Those would be areas to focus on in more detail the second time around, or something completely different might catch your eye. If something different catches your eye, focus on that in more detail, taking notes on what you see and feel.
- Afterwards, you may want to review your notes and decide which aspects really move you and make you inspired.
- You can make a goal or goals according to what inspired you.
- This can be a great thing to do to renew your interest and make your performance more exciting.
- Enjoy the process. It can be fun as well as enhance your knowledge of performance.
What did you like best about the videos?