Here are 5 reasons strength can help performance for life:
1. Life requires strength. Life requires physical strength as in carrying those heavy groceries or a heavy work bag, and it requires inner strength to make it through the day. If you’re physically strong, it will give you more confidence that you can do anything!
2. Life requires endurance. Work days are getting longer all the time, and we’re putting more and more things into our days. This can be tiring, but if you train physically to improve your endurance, this will help you have that energy to make it through your longer day!
3. Working out makes you feel good. We know that we create those feel-good endorphins when we work out hard. So, if you workout, you will feel better about yourself, or just feel better in general. Therefore, your performance improves!
4. Working out improves your confidence. If you’re working out, you’re doing it for a reason. Whatever the reason (health, weight loss, to feel better, for a sport, etc.), you’re working toward something. And achieving your goals improves confidence.
5. Having strength gives you the power to perform. Performing takes energy and strength. You may have to perform 1-4 minutes if you’re an ice skater or a couple of hours if you’re an actor. Each of those, regardless of the time involved, is very tiring! Each requires strength and training. Help your performance by training for it!
Many actors, athletes, business people, and people from all types of life do Pilates to help their strength and performance. Most types of exercise will benefit performance. However, I think Pilates is one of the best ways to improve your performance. This is because it gives you all-round strength and is also mind/body exercise. The longer you do Pilates, the more you will feel the benefits. Check out Pilates and see what you think! 🙂