Do you sometimes struggle to fit in your workout? Does it feel like it’s difficult to work out consistently? I’m going to give you 10 easy tips for fitting in your workout even when life gets hectic!
10 Easy Tips for Fitting in Your Workout
Here are 10 easy tips to make sure you fit your workout in even when you don’t feel like it or don’t feel like you have the time! Choose one, do a combination, or do a mixture of all of them!
1. Work out at home! One of the easiest and quickest ways to fit in your workout is to work out from home. Try some of these exercises, dance fitness, and workouts that you can do at home (most of them without any extra equipment needed).
2. Lay out your workout clothes and shoes before you go to bed! This planning will help you want to work out more and make you more likely to push through and do the workout no matter how you feel. Plus, looking forward to wearing cute workout clothes is a motivator!
3. Put on your workout clothes and shoes as soon as you wake up! If you’re already dressed and ready to work out, that’s part of the process complete. You will be less likely to skip your workout as you won’t want to take off your workout clothes without having completed a workout.
4. Work out first thing in the morning! As the day goes on and other things take over, it can be difficult to prioritize your workout. By working out first thing in the morning you can make sure to fit your workout in before the rest of the day starts. Plus, you will have more energy throughout the day from your morning workout.
5. Do a shorter workout! Any workout is better than no workout! Plus, once you start working out you’re likely to want to work out for longer. Try these ten 5-minute, 10-minute, 15-minute, and 20-minute workouts!
6. Pack your gym bag the night before, and put it in the car or by your things for the next day! If you prefer working out at the gym, it’s helpful to have your gym bag all packed and ready to go. This is especially helpful if you work out in the middle of the day or after work.
7. Leave a clean pair of workout clothes and shoes in your car at all times! It’s common to find a short period of time or a break where you could fit in a workout. If you aren’t prepared, though, this time often gets wasted or spent doing something else. If you have workout clothes and shoes in the car, you can fit in a quick workout at the gym on your break, throw on your workout shoes and walk around a nearby lake, or try that new hiking trail you found out about. You could even walk outside near where you work or where you drop your kids off for school. The key here is being prepared so if the opportunity arises, you can take advantage of the short or longer period of time to fit in a workout.
8. Keep a healthy snack ready to go at all times! Whether you’re at home, on the go, or at work, you don’t want to end up skipping your workout because you’re hungry or have low energy. Some places to keep already prepared healthy snacks are in your refrigerator, pantry, purse, glove compartment, and desk drawers. These are some great healthy snacks: 10 Healthy, High-Protein Snacks, 5 Healthy Snacks to Give You More Energy, and 7 Inexpensive, Healthy Snacks.
9. Write down daily goals, and set health & fitness goals as part of your goal setting! When you have health and fitness goals fresh in mind, it makes you want to work toward achieving them. Having a goal can make all the difference in pushing through on those days where you feel like the last thing you want to do is work out. Then when you work out, you feel amazing and are proud of yourself for working toward your goals.
10. Figure out your exercise plan in advance! Knowing what to do when it comes time to work out is part of the battle. If you set your exercise plan or decide what you’re doing before your workout, you will feel less overwhelmed because you don’t have to figure out what to do. You will be less likely to come up with excuses to not work out because you already know what you have to do. A great way to get consistent with working out daily is with the 30-day challenge: new workout every day in only 15 to 25 minutes per day! Try out new exercises in 3 minutes or less per day is by following the 30-day exercise-a-day challenge (of course you can do longer if you choose to)!
How Will Make Sure You Fit in Your Workouts?
Even the most well-intentioned individuals sometimes get off track with their workouts. These are some of my favorite tips for fitting in workouts! Of course, you can always start tomorrow, but why not start today?! Instead of skipping another workout or letting another day go by, do a workout, any workout (even the shortest), and begin developing positive habits today! This is powerful even if working out is already a habit you follow. Skipping a workout can affect more than you may realize. So, even if it’s only five or ten minutes, try to always do something active on the days you plan to work out!
What tips above will you try? Are you already doing any of the tips above?
Do you have a favorite way to fit in your workouts?
Connect with me, @ChristinaChitwood, on social media: